Today we are going to see how to fix the most common error called “this windows copy is not genuine error” and how to fix this. Most of the windows users will use pirated operating system i.e., pirated windows operating system.basically after installing the operating system they will see an error message saying “this windows copy is not genuine”. Are you seeing the same error in your computer? Don’t worry we can fix it.Fixing error this copy of Windows is not genuine is very easy. If you install pirated Windows OS, it will run only for some months. After that, you will get error this copy of Windows is not genuine and your screen may get a blank screen. This error is very common in build 7600.
So I’ve searched many forums and windows support guides. But nothing really helped I’ve random answers everywhere where I’ve got into too much trouble solving the actual problem. I’ve collected and have shared the fix to solve the problem of this copy of windows is not genuine most possible few methods to solve this type of error on your windows os.
Here is the Tutorial to fix this copy of windows is not genuine error:
- 0.1 Here is the Tutorial to fix this copy of windows is not genuine error:
- 0.2 Why I’m seeing “This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine” in my PC?
- 0.3 What problems do we face with the message windows not genuine error?
- 0.4 What are the other types of errors similar to this?
- 0.5 Other types of error that occur generally related to this error,
- 0.6 How to Fix “This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine” Error?:
- 0.7 Three methods to fix this error:this copy of windows is not genuine 7601 permanent fix
- 0.8 SLMGR -REARM Command Method
- 0.9 RSOP – Resultant Set of Policy Window Method
- 0.10 Uninstall Update KB971033 Method
- 0.11 SLMGR -REARM Command Method to Fix This Error
- 0.11.1 Open CMD
- 0.11.2 Go to Start Menu and Find CMD. You would get CMD.exe in search result, right click on it and select Run as Administrator option.
- 0.11.3 Then type the given command in the command prompt box: SLMGR -REARM
- 0.11.4 · Restart PC
- 0.11.5 Video Tutorial to Fix this copy of windows is not genuine using SLMGR -REARM Command Method
- 0.11.6 Now you can restart the PC or laptop and you will not get any kind of error like “this copy of windows is not genuine“.
- 1 Maximum allowed number of rearms has been exceeded – How to fix
- 2 slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command – How to fix
- 3 ” Windows is not genuine” error in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2:
- 4 About Genuine Windows
- 4.1 How are activation and genuine Windows connected?
- 4.2 How do I know if I’m running genuine Windows?
- 4.3 I see messages that Windows might not be genuine. How do I fix this?
- 4.4 Can I install my copy of Windows on more than one PC?
- 4.5 If my PC is running non-genuine Windows can it still receive critical security updates?
- 4.6 What is validation?
- 4.7 What are the most common reasons why Windows might fail validation?
- 4.8 How do I report counterfeit software?
- 4.9 Share this:
- 4.10 Related
This type of windows not genuine error not only sticks to windows 7 or 8 it can be seen windows 10 too. Though it was an upgraded version of windows 7 and windows 8.Today we will see how to get rid of this copy of windows is not genuine.
To be exact windows os needs to be purchased not to be pirated. But who pays? we love bypassing things .so let’s try some cheesy methods to fix this error quickly and enjoy genuine windows operating system features just like the license one. We all want an upgrade! Alas, it is expensive and some retort to a pirated or not genuine version of windows. Sometimes for other reasons you might face an error saying this copy of windows is not genuine.
Why I’m seeing “This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine” in my PC?
The one major reason for this error is not using the official version of windows as provided by Microsoft. Another reason is when one is using an outdated version of windows. This is very annoying when you get an error like “This Copy of Windows is not genuine” on Windows 7, this is because either you are not running genuine copy of Windows or your license got expired, there is also chance that a windows update can cause this problem, in all these three cases you get error at the computer startup that Windows is not genuine, and also computer background changed to black screen. If you have tried entering CD Key again and again or used any software / Patch to crack windows activation but still you gets error like Windows 7 not genuine or, this copy of windows is not genuine build 7600 / 7601.You are bound to get this message of this copy of windows is not genuine when the license period of your OS has expired or if you have installed a non-genuine version of OS. This is quite common with regard to Windows 7.
What problems do we face with the message windows not genuine error?
This copy of windows is not genuine build 7601 damage your system and it will also crash your operating system. Most of the cases you will face problems when you do windows upgrade. Below are the Bad Effects and problems of error that this copy of windows is not genuine are:
- Black screen Stuck Error
- Effect on performance
- Battery issues and more.
- This problem of this copy of windows is not genuine could drastically reduce the performance of your laptop or PC.
This error of This Copy of Windows is not genuine is common in Windows 7, but you will face this error this error in Windows 8 or Windows 10 computers.
The Following OS Will Get This Copy of Windows is not genuine Error:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Build 7600
- Windows Build 6002
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Mostly you will see “this copy of windows is not genuine 7601” in your operating system.
What are the other types of errors similar to this?
There are many of other types of Windows not genuine problem are around, but the step which I’ve mentioned below will help you in getting rid of “windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine”.Here in this guide you will get three methods for this copy of windows is not genuine fix
- Windows is not genuine.
- this copy of windows is not genuine 7601
- This copy of Windows is not Genuine Vista.
- This copy of Windows is not Genuine 6002.
- This copy of Windows is not genuine crack.
- This Computer is not Running Genuine Windows.
- This Copy of Windows is not Genuine 7600.
How to Fix “This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine” Error?:
We have gathered best solutions to fix windows not genuine error. Below you will get certain methods to remove this copy of windows are not genuine error permanently from your windows computer. Read all the method carefully and if you have any doubts feel free to comment your query will get back to you with best solution for you. Stay tuned to this article on how to fix “this copy of windows not genuine error” till the end.
Three methods to fix this error:this copy of windows is not genuine 7601 permanent fix
SLMGR -REARM Command Method
RSOP – Resultant Set of Policy Window Method
Uninstall Update KB971033 Method
SLMGR -REARM Command Method to Fix This Error
Hope you’ve got a picture about why we get “this copy of windows is not genuine” error actually and its effects on the OS. Here we’ve gathered best methods to fix this genuine error. It will work either you’ve Windows 32 /64-bit version, all you need to do is execute this process same as below
Go to start menu and search for CMD then you need to run the Command Prompt as administrator. In Windows 8 or later there is short cut directly press Windows Key + S, then enter CMD in the search box and right click on the Command prompt and run it as Administrator. If you’ve administrator access you can to go to the start menu or you can simply Press Win + R keys to open the Run program. Then enter CMD and press enter.
- Go to –start–>search-type ”CMD” –> run it as administrator
Once you’ve opened the Command prompt with the administrator privatization, then you need type SLMGR -REARM and press enter. Then you’ll get a successful message about to restart your computer. Well guys, this command was not working on some Windows 7 versions so you can try this command: SLMGR /REARM.
Then you need to restart your computer to remove windows is not genuine error from your windows computer. If you followed these steps you can easily remove this error in your computer. Make sure you’ve followed the steps correctly without skipping them. Enjoy the error-free computer.
Okay got confused no worries go easy as simple as below. Let me summarize the steps for you.
Go to Start Menu and Find CMD. You would get CMD.exe in search result, right click on it and select Run as Administrator option.
Then type the given command in the command prompt box: SLMGR -REARM
- Hit Enter
Hit the Enter button
- Click Ok On Confirmation
Once that is done, then you will get a confirmation window which will have the details of the given command execution.
· Restart PC
Video Tutorial to Fix this copy of windows is not genuine using SLMGR -REARM Command Method
Video Credits: Ignas Lukauskas
Now you can restart the PC or laptop and you will not get any kind of error like “this copy of windows is not genuine“.
When you try to fix the error with the above given method, you might be notified with the following errors.
Is this error still remain unfixed? Are you getting any of the below errors?. In most of the cases you may face these errors.Then will go on fixing these errors too.
Maximum allowed number of rearms has been exceeded – How to fix
Error 1:This “maximum allowed number of rearms has been exceeded”. Well, and then let’s discuss how to fix this error.
“Error 0xc004d307: The maximum allowed number of rearms has been exceeded”. We can fix it very easily. You get this error, when you try “SLMGR -REARM” command for more than three times
Follow below step by step procedure to go into above place.
- Press “Windows+ R” you will see Run dialog. Or Go to Start, click Run.
- Type “Regedit”. Click Ok. You will see Registry editor window.
- Click on Arrow mark which is left to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”.
- Click on arrow mark which is left to “SOFTWARE”.
- Click on arrow mark which is left to “Microsoft”.
- Click on arrow mark which is left to “Windows NT”.
- Click on arrow mark which is left to “Current Version”.
- Now click on the word “SoftwareProtectionPlatform” not on arrow mark.
- Right click on “Skip Rearm” in the right window.
- Click on “Modify”. Change “Value Data” to “1”.
- Restart PC.
Now you can try the command SLMGR -REARM.
slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command – How to fix
- Error 2:SLGMR is not recognized as an internal or external command. Well, there are multiple reasons due to which this error generally occurs.
While using command “SLMGR -REARM” mentioned in above article, you may get error “slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command“. Or any other error same as above error message.
- Reason: There might be spelling mistake while entering the command.
Solution: Make sure there is a space between “SLMGR” and “-REARM”.
- Reason: You might not open Command Prompt as Administrator.
Solution: Right click on “CMD” and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Just try “SLMGR /REARM” instead “SLMGR -REARM”.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type cd \ and press enter.
- Type cd windows\system32 and press enter.you can see below one.
- C:\windows\system32>. Now use command like this C:\windows\system32>SLMGR -REARM
- Reason: slmgr.vbs file might have any other extension.
Solution: Go to My computer->C drive->Windows->System32
Scroll down until you see “slmgr.vbs.REMOVEWAT”. Right click on it and rename it to “slmgr.vbs”. If you don’t find “REMOVEWAT” extension, remove any other extension at the end of slmgr.vb
Now, try to follow method 1 again to fix this error again. Well, guys now this windows not genuine error will be removed now but it is not enough (if you are not using original version of Windows).
” Windows is not genuine” error in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2:
RSOP – Resultant Set of Policy Window Method:
When you log on to a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, you receive the following Windows Activation message.Here is the another method to rid of from windows not genuine error called RSOP method
Note This method is intended for advanced computer users and cannot be performed on computers that are running Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Basic, or Windows 7 Starter. For help with advanced troubleshooting, ask your system administrator or Contact Microsoft.
To disable the Plug and Play GPO, follow these steps:
- Determine the source of the policy. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the computer that is experiencing the Activation error message, run the Resultant Set of Policy wizard. To do this, click Start, type rsop.msc in the Search box, and then press Enter.
- In the navigation pane, expand the following containers:
- Computer Configuration
- Windows Settings
- Security Settings
- In the navigation pane, click System Services.
- If the Plug and Play service is configured through a Group Policy setting, you see the GPO listed here with settings other than Not Defined. Additionally, you can see which Group Policy is applying this setting.
- Disable the Group Policy settings and force the Group Policy to be reapplied. To do this, follow these steps:
- Edit the Group Policy that is identified in Step 1 and change the setting to “Not Defined.” Or, follow the steps in Method A to add the required permissions for the Network Service account.
- Reapply the Group Policy setting. To do this, click Start, type gpupdate /force in the Search box, and then press Enter.
In short :
- At the first, press Windows button + R to open RUN windows in your computer
- Now type rsop.msc and then hit enter button
- Follow this given path: Windows Settings > Security Settings > System Services
- Look for Plug And Play option in System Services
- Right click on it, then you will find Startup and Click on Automatic
- Now again click on Windows + R button in your keyboard, open the Run windows and paste this command: gpupdate/force & then press enter button
- Restart your computer. Congratulation, now your this copy of windows is not genuine error is fixed
Uninstall Update KB971033 Method
Follow This Steps If You Already Get Message “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine”:
If you already get the error message of windows is not genuine that means your windows is already being updated the file which can detect your windows OS. Now you have to uninstall that update which is detecting your windows.
- First open control panel from start menu
- Go to the windows update section
- Now click on view installed updates
- Find the update of “KB971033” and uninstall it
- Restart your pc
About Genuine Windows
Genuine Windows is published by Microsoft, properly licensed, and supported by Microsoft or a trusted partner. Only customers with genuine Windows have access to all optional updates and downloads available from Microsoft, which are designed to help you get the most from your PC.
Here are answers to some common questions about genuine Windows:
How are activation and genuine Windows connected?
Activation pairs your product key or digital entitlement with your hardware configuration and helps verify that your copy of Windows hasn’t been used on more PCs than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. Usually, you only need to activate Windows once, unless you make a significant hardware change.
How do I know if I’m running genuine Windows?
The best way to make sure is to buy Windows or a PC with Windows preinstalled directly from Microsoft or from a store that you know and trust. Look for key features of genuine Windows, such as the Certificate of Authenticity (COA), a proof of license label, and an edge-to-edge hologram. For other ways to check if you’re running genuine Windows, visit the What to look for page on the Microsoft How to Tell website.
I see messages that Windows might not be genuine. How do I fix this?
If you’re seeing notifications that the copy of Windows that’s installed on your PC might not be genuine, or that you might be a victim of counterfeit software, it’s likely that your copy of Windows wasn’t properly activated or is otherwise not genuine. To fix this,follow the above explained methods
Can I install my copy of Windows on more than one PC?
You can’t install Windows on more PCs than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow.if you do so you will face these errors
If my PC is running non-genuine Windows can it still receive critical security updates?
Yes. Regardless of genuine status, you’ll still be able to get critical security updates. However, if your copy of Windows isn’t genuine, you won’t be able to install many updates that are exclusively for customers with genuine Windows.So better to for genuine windows.
What is validation?
Validation is an online process that verifies that your copy of Windows is genuine and that critical Windows licensing files haven’t been damaged, deleted, or removed
What are the most common reasons why Windows might fail validation?
1 License = 1 PC. Another common cause of Windows validation failure happens when you try to install Windows on more PCs than your license allows
Counterfeit software. Validation will also fail if you’ve inadvertently acquired and installed counterfeit Windows
How do I report counterfeit software?
If you inadvertently bought or received counterfeit software, or have information about a person, business, or online site that might be selling counterfeit software, you can file an online report
So, it was all about this windows not genuine error fix. If you are still facing any problem, then feel free to comment below.
Everybody wants their PC looks clean and fast,but we face errors when we don’t use original operating systems. among all those errors this copy of windows is not genuine is really an irritating error. If you followed the above-mentioned steps without any manual mistakes you can easily fix Windows is the genuine error. Hope you all benefited from this post, if you liked this feel free share it with your friends let them know on windows is not genuine fix. please bookmark this page for further updates about windows not genuine error for continuous help.